Today we are talking freedom!
The Bible talks a lot about freedom and we should too!
- Galatians 5:1 “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery.”
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
- Galatians 2:4 “…our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus…”
- John 8:36 “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
- Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”
Don't forget to answer the reflection questions below!
Affirmations (repeat these aloud to yourself throughout the day)
- Each day is a gift from God, that provides the opportunity to experience a greater sense of freedom.
- Whenever I feel confined and limited, I remember that all of my limitations are self-imposed.
- I am the only one that can stand in my way.
- It is exciting to realize that I determine my conditions. I have the power to release all of my doubt and resistance whenever I choose. I choose for that time to be now!
- My sense of freedom in Jesus increases each day. By letting go, I set myself free and allow myself to receive everything the God has to offer. Every day I become more playful and spontaneous. Every day I am getting closer and closer to being totally free.
- I allow others to be exactly whom they are and to have the freedom to make mistakes. Everyone, including me, has the right to choose our own path.
- I am free to be myself. I am as free as a bird on the wind. I am free to create my perfect circumstances and advance my life forward in whatever ways I want it to go, according to His perfect purpose for me.
- I have the freedom to make any choice with regard to both my thoughts, words and actions. I choose to allow myself to be spontaneous and free of worry and concern, for I am to be anxious for nothing.
- Today, I promise to myself to live with an attitude of freedom and positive expectation. I reject any limitations in my thoughts and totally relax in the face of any obstacles. Today, I move toward true freedom, which only comes through Christ.
- Today, I move toward freedom. I have freedom in Christ Jesus.
1. What are some ways my sense of freedom has increased over the years?
2. What are some ways in which I feel smothered?
3. What can I do right now to increase my level of freedom?
Have a wonderful Monday!