When you cook more meals at home, not only do you tend to eat healthier, but you can also save time, money and calories.
- If you cook a meal and make a double or triple batch, you’ll have left overs for lunches or another dinner. By cooking once and eating two or three times, you are being extremely efficient with your time, money and calories.
- It’s much easier to eat healthy when you’re the one selecting the ingredients and preparing the meals. I know it takes more time to plan and prepare yourself, but if you are looking to lose or maintain weight, feel better and save money, it’s definitely worth the effort.
- On the nights that I know we have other activities going on with the kids, the crockpot is a HUGE help!
- Keep it simple!
- Plan ahead! See what you have and work with it, when you know what you are having for each meal ahead, there is not time wasted in figuring it out on that day!
What nights can you plan to cook at home this week?
Need dinner ideas? There are so many great websites for recipe ideas including:
· eMeals.com (this is a paid service that sends you 5 recipes each week based on the dietary style you choose)
If life is just way too hectic, you can use services like Dream Dinners or Super Suppers where you go to their location and assemble your meals. You bring the assembled meals home and freeze them and use as needed. You’ll spend 30-60 minutes at their studio and can make enough meals for a week or a month AND no clean up. This option is super convenient!
Also there a now services like Blue Apron and Plated that will send you fresh ingredients to make your meals at home... This could work if you know you won't have time to plan for a couple of days a week.
What one action step can you take this week to prepare more meals at home?
Have you joined our Monthly Group Challenge FaceBook group? In July we will be starting an "Eating With Intention Program" You can participate for FREE! Click HERE
Also Are you Interested in a Home Study Course to get Fitabulous in 90 Days? Let me know by sending me a message today...